HasanYousufD
HasanYousufD, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Electromechanic and diagnostic technician
110828726

Constant adjustment of exhaust camshaft of right cylinder

hello
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: constant adjustment of exhaust camshaft of right cylinder bank in direction retarded mercedes cls 350 my car has rthis diagnosis after the engine warning light came on
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: engine warning light
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2005 cls 350
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no I went to mechanic and they plugged in a computer which revealed the message I just sent they told me its the sensor I need to change but I don't want order the wrong part
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
hello I was just wondering if the sensor is what I need replacing. That's what my mechanic suggested but I think the sensor works. after its reset by the computer the light engine light comes back on
Hi I am Hasan one of the Mercedes experts I will try my best to asist you but I need some info from you to asist you without any mistake. Do you know exact dtc (trouble code) ?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
P0017
Ok i will check and inform you asap.
Hi again this dtc shows that there is a implausible signal from right cylinder bank exhaust camshaft but this situation has more than one possibilities before changing the sensor please talk your mechanic to check correct timing first because a strecthed chain or faulty vanos gear can also do this the better way before changing related sensor its good to swap them with other sensor which is same with problamatic one.( i mean you can swap your camshaft position sensors.)