Steve
Steve, Vehicle Technician
Experience:  Garage owner for thirty years
106618989

I have just bought a Mercedes class automatic. The blue

I have just bought a Mercedes class B automatic. The blue parking sign comes on the instrument panel in drive and goes off at 20mph.Is that normal? please.
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2016
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have taken it out to see if I can solve the problem just by trying it out safely.There is a parking small handle at rt knee height I have tried. The cars performance seems ok.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am just very new to this, a beginner. Thankyou.

Welcome to JA. My name is***** am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade. I will be happy to assist you today. Hopefully we can get this resolved quickly.
You will receive an offer of a phone call by the system, this only needs to be accepted if you wish to speak to me, I can otherwise continue to answer your questions via the thread.
The blue P symbol is for the park assist function. This is perfectly normal and is to inform you that the park assist function is operating. It will go out at higher speeds as it is not required.

So just to confirm yes this is perfectly normal.

The general rule with dash lights is if red pay immediate attention if amber or yellow action will be required but the vehicle can drive, any other colour then the sign is for information only.

I hope this answers your question but I want you to be 100% happy with the answer so do please feel free to ask any further details by replying to this thread.
Thank you for using Just Answer
Steve

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
That is a relief. It is a lot to take on board when changing cars. I didn't want to damage it in any way. Many thanks indeed. I will probably need some more help in the not to distant future.

Not to worry, the dash can be confusing with so much information, do feel free to contact me again if needed.

Steve

It was a pleasure to assist you today. If you have any follow up questions then please let me know. I will reply as soon as I can to help with any further queries.
Steve