sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My 1999 c class 250 mercedes turbo diesel ran out of diesel

Customer Question

my 1999 c class 250 mercedes turbo diesel ran out of diesel an a so called mechanic must have tryed so many times to start the car now the key has stopped working it will not turn over
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: yes wheel turns and key is not worn was working fine until ran out of diesel the fuel gauge was reading over half full but this was a faulty reading
JA: What year is your Turbo?
Customer: 1999
JA: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no an experiance motor mechanic has had alook and thinks that the solinoid on the disel pump is not opperating properly and is not oppening to let fuel to injectors
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: checked all fuses and relays that would have been maybe the problem but all seems ok
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 22 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

.

Dear customer, I think that the car's main battery has been discharged by so many attempts to start it on, it would be good to start with testing this, you have to verify what is happening at the diesel system level as the mechanic indicates, it may be that the fuel pump is not activating correctly, among other many reasons, it may be that the vehicle's security system is activated and does not allow the activation of the solenoid, as it can also be inconvenient at the level of the pump itself.
To verify it, it's very simple, it needs a tester or multimeter and we go to the connectors of the injector pump, we observe if there is voltage in the solenoid connector, in case there is not, we have to verify what is happening at the electrical system level, such as problems at the wiring level or problems at the key barrel, but in case there is power in the connector we would have to verify what's happening with the pump, the valve might be defective or that the pump is getting stuck due to excessive dirt and needs to be disassembled, cleaned and calibrated.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can,  I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.