CarDoc
CarDoc, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  IMI L3 Motor Vehicle Mechanic
105313175

Do you know anything about Merc sl500 91 reg thanks, yes iam

Customer Question

Hi do you know anything about Merc sl500 91 reg thanks
JA: Are you fixing your SL500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes iam looking for a roof control module trying in Britain to get one
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no that’s it
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi can you help thanks
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
What’s happening I just paid a £5 fee
Expert:  CarDoc replied 12 days ago.

Hi, How are you?
I'm Shabaz, one of the automotive experts. I will be happy to assist you today. Hopefully we can get this resolved quickly.

You will be prompted for a phone call by the automated system, only accept this if we can't resolve the issue through messaging, otherwise we can continue our conversation on the message thread.

Have you tried searching for the roof module using the part number?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Don’t really know how I’ve searched eBay but they’re in America I have the part number but would rather deal with someone in Britain thanks
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No iam not paying £16 I’ve just payed £5
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Are you there
Expert:  CarDoc replied 12 days ago.

What is the part number? There are modules available in UK but the part numbers need to match and then the module needs to be coded/programmed to the car at a mercedes dealership or independant specialist.

Expert:  CarDoc replied 12 days ago.

Can I please have the part number for your roof module. Thank you

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
07) 09090589.731-89
Expert:  CarDoc replied 12 days ago.

There are some available on ebay, click on this LINK. There is also a repair service on ebay, which may be the better option because the cheapest price is £450 for a used module and you have to send them your faulty module too.

Expert:  CarDoc replied 12 days ago.

I hope I have answered your question. If you have any further questions, feel free to message me by replying on this message thread.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you're satisfied with my assistance, your feedback is appreciated.

Thank you for visiting Just Answer.