Billy
Billy, Trainer/ Master Technician
Experience:  Trainer 8+ years, master tech. 10+ years, SAE member
30385560

Ab blue engine will not start in 470 miles light came up put

Customer Question

Ab blue engine will not start in 470 miles light came up put an blue in the day before
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: On the dashboard
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2015
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no just put ad blue in when the warning light came on
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Still waiting on an answer
Expert:  Billy replied 11 days ago.

Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
If you get prompted for a Premium service or a phone call, please ignore that, as i don't think it is needed at this point.

Expert:  Billy replied 11 days ago.

My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Why is this light coming up when I put ad blue in the day before
Expert:  Billy replied 11 days ago.

If you would please get back to me with your exact Mercedes model and the engine you have on, it would be great in case we need to check diagrams or instructions.

As for now, on many Mercedes models the Adblue level sensor is known to get faulty and cause this problem. The light would come one, you add the liquid, the sensor is stuck the control module thinks that no liquid is present.

Expert:  Billy replied 11 days ago.

The way to sort this would be connecting a scan tool and resetting the system. If the problem persists then fault codes will be stored. I can explain those fault codes, tell you what to check and how to check it in order to fix or replace the faulty part (most commonly the sensor).

However, we might not get to that, as usually a reset (unfortunately only available through a scan tool) would fix the problem.

Expert:  Billy replied 11 days ago.

To shed more light on this matter:

As the problem is so common, companies have started making emulators that fit in place of the sensor. You wouldn't need to put Adblue anymore. However, this is wrong environmentally and illegal.

Expert:  Billy replied 11 days ago.

Kindly let me know if you need more information on the matter. And please remember that you can get back to me on this page in case the problem persists and fault codes are present. I will be more than glad to explain their meanings and provide guidance on the diagnostics to prevent replacing unneeded parts.