Gavin Perry
Gavin Perry, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
105804848

Ml450 cdi has gone into limp mode, needs star diagnosis,

Ml450 cdi has gone into limp mode, needs star diagnosis
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2009 ml450cdi auto
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: had a diagnostics run by hallfords couldn’t connect said I needed star diagnostics
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: have got a copy of launch diagnostics can attach
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
File attached (527GP37)
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Not doing myself

Hi my name is ***** ***** am here to assist you Today have you had the SAM (also called Signal Actuation Module) checked there should be 3 of them of the top of my head.

Front and rear module examples.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Gavin, let me give you an overview.
I cam out 1 morning and the battery had gone flat - the battery was less than a year old, but it haven’t been started for about 4 weeks.
Charged the battery and the car was running but air conditioning wasn’t working, mirrors weren’t self closing and tailgate was intermittent,
Took it to. Garage, they run a diagnostics with launch. When collected they told me it was a control relay and it was on back order and they couldn’t read the diagnostics- it was safe to drive but needed a star diagnostics to get further details gave me the photos I attached.
Current position engine light on and in limp mode.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I find it easier to text as I have Parkinson’s and my responses take a while

The CAN bus (Control Area Network) lines need checking going to and from the SAM units this will need the use of an oscilloscope rather than just a code reader as you have to look at wave formats.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
what are you suggesting we do now

You will struggle with Halfords to be honest could you see if you have any Bosch approved independents near you put your postcode in workshop finder and let me know http://www.boschcarservice.com

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Les Paul’s motors Woodford green is open to 3pm

Not sure you will get a booking Today.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
this site only answers questions I you don’t come to us

We are an advice service.