RichardM1126
RichardM1126, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
110837232

Can't get roof down clkmodel, Clk200 2004 Vantgard, It say

Customer Question

Can't get roof down clk(###) ###-####model
JA: What is the model of your '04 Mercedes?
Customer: Clk200 2004 Vantgard
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It say working you hear noise but it say worshop
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The car is worth £1500 if I take it to mercedes it will be a big bill
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  RichardM1126 replied 14 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** reading your comments so you can hear the motor trying to do something but the roof doesn’t open, to be honest  the biggest thing is do you want to spend time and money on fixing the roof for like you say no return, by the time you have got a garage to look at it see what they can do and dare I say might not even fix it you still pay for diagnostic work, it might just be worth saying enough is enough and sell it with the known fault maybe on eBay or Something and get what you can for it and the hassle is out of your hands,

if you did want it fixing to keep be prepared that it could cost more then the car is worth

sorry it isn’t better news hope this helps

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Problem is micro switch on partition I should be working for you guys what a waste of £5

oh hey that's great new a nice cheap part, hopefully not to bad to fix many thanks