Kevin
Kevin, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at Kemsing motor company
84635724

All the orange warning lights have just come on it says

Customer Question

All the orange warning lights have just come on it says active brake assist inoperative see manual parking brake
JA: Has the light been on for some time?
Customer: no
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2017 a class
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing I don’t know what to do first time I’ve driven it just bought it
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Kevin replied 10 days ago.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
See the dash
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
this
Expert:  Kevin replied 10 days ago.

Hi, Karen, I hope you are well. When the warning is illuminated it means the system has detected a fault and has shut the system off to prevent incorrect operation. The car will need to be connected to a diagnostic scan tool to see exactly what's causing this. Was the car purchased from a dealership?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No
Expert:  Kevin replied 10 days ago.

ok so in this case you will need to get the vehicle to a garage and get it connected to a diagnostic scan tool .wheel speed sensors are a common failure and can cause the issue you are experiencing

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Red warning triangle has just come on now
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Can I drive it home??
Expert:  Kevin replied 10 days ago.

all these systems share information so it will be one fault causing all the warnings

Expert:  Kevin replied 10 days ago.

yes it can be driven carefully

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Shall I call the AA out??
Expert:  Kevin replied 10 days ago.

they will be able to connect to the car and give us more of an idea as to whats causing the issue

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok thanks kwik fit or a merc garage??
Expert:  Kevin replied 10 days ago.

I personally would go to any garage other than Kwik-Fit, they are great for exhausts and tyres but anything further than this needs a proper garage

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok thank you will the AA be any good ??
Expert:  Kevin replied 10 days ago.

they will help give us an idea as to whats going on now but they are unlikely to fix the issue

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok thank you for your time
Expert:  Kevin replied 10 days ago.

your very welcome