RichardM1126
RichardM1126, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
110837232

Fuel cap won't open, Vehicle starts as normal. A200 2016, It

Customer Question

Fuel cap won't open
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Vehicle starts as normal.
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: A200 2016
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It has just happened. Just tried lockig and unlocking the car and re trying
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No that's it
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  RichardM1126 replied 13 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** to hear you are having problems with the car, firstly I would try locking and unlocking like you have been but putting pressure on the fuel flap this sometimes wakes it up and to be honest will be the first thing a garage will try,

if that doesn’t work if you are a member of AA or have some sort of recovery I would give them a call they might be able to get it open or to a garage for it to be fixed without you running out of fuel,

worst case a mechanic might need to get to it from the inside to get it open which may cost a few quid,

hopefully you can get it open

hope this helps many thanks