sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

320 clk convertible 2004 when you put the roof in the boot

Customer Question

320 clk convertible 2004 when you put the roof in the boot the roof lifts up at the back and the panel lifts up the roof at the front releases then nothing but now after trying it half a dozen times it up now but now says workshop will do nothing just says workshop
JA: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just cleaned the connection's the pump was running it was if it was not telling the roof that the compartment was full open
JA: Have you checked the fluids recently?
Customer: It's full
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: It's made it hard work now it's not working at all
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
It's a bit hard to check the little sensor and use the front switch as I'm by my self but if I can get the workshop of my dash
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
How long dose this take for a answer
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 6 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, it would be very useful if you could share with me a video of how the roof is working to observe where it is getting stuck or where it is not activating because it seems to me that the problem it is presenting is at the rails that may not be moving correctly, maybe because they are getting stuck or damaged, the other problem I am seeing is that the pump may not be generating adequate pressure to move the roof system correctly, the pump may be activating but it is probably not generating adequate pressure to move the roof with enough power..

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Well it's not doing nothing now when I press the button it just says visit workshop on the clocks

Dear customer, maybe you had problems at the pump, that is, the pump was losing its pressure until it reached the end of its useful life.

My recommendation is to start with the fuses and relays, then the rail tracks to make sure there is nothing obstructed, which is the simplest, also check with a battery. Then with a tester or multimeter you will check if the electrical voltage is reaching the pump, if you have power it is likely to be the pump.