sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I've just bought an E Class W212 on Thursday 3rd June and

Customer Question

Hi I've just bought an E Class W212 on Thursday 3rd June and the back up camera worked for one day then stopped is there anything I need to do to get it to work again
JA: Is this an aftermarket camera, or did it come with the vehicle?
Customer: No its factory fitted
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: E class 220 bluetec 2015
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've tried on line and fuses but not working
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No thanks
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 10 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

.

Dear customer, I do not know if you have operated or manipulated the unit and it could have disabled the camera function, in the unit configuration, the option to restore the data should appear, restore the data again to rule out that it is not a configuration problem perhaps a manipulation of the equipment that disabled the camera. The downside is that if your device does not have the option to reset, you can only do it from a diagnostic tool.

On the other hand, if the reset does not correct it, something could have happened that disabled the camera such as a blown fuse or a connection problem, so it is worthy to take a look there as well.