RichardM1126
RichardM1126, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
110837232

The rear windscreen on my C43 AMG soft top convertible has

Customer Question

The rear windscreen on my C43 AMG soft top convertible has been smashed. Could you advise on whether the glass can be replaced or the whole soft top? I have had conflicting advice
JA: What year is your Convertible?
Customer: 2019
JA: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am just trying to get quotes before going to my insurer, but most glass replacement companies don't do soft-tops
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No, nothing else
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  RichardM1126 replied 8 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** the soft top windows that are plastic can be replaced without the whole roof but glass ones will need the roof, and correct most window companies aren’t interested, which can result in main dealer only which can obviously be expensive,

if you are thinking about insurance it might be worth it as your excess will probably be less then the cost of the part before fitting, and it will be done properly,

hope this helps many