sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Central locking not working from key, key turns in ignition

Customer Question

Central locking not working from key, key turns in ignition all the way the steeringock doesn't disengage when key is inserted
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: The wheel turns slightly till the lock, the key has new battery and can see infrared when button pressed through phone camera. Had replaced fuel filter housing last week as was leaking
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2010 c class 204 I think
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just charged battery to full and looked at fuse 46 antenna, all seems fine
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Thinking Sam unit in rear but don't know wht that would get wet, still a water leak underneath when accelersting changing gear
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 10 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Any ideas

Dear customer, before point out to a problem with the Sam module, I would like to know if you have tried with a spare key and also if the key that currently has the problem you have tried to code it with a key programmer.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 9 days ago.

Dear customer, I am going to recommend first of all to do a configuration again from the key, reconfigure your key with the vehicle to factory data, also I am going to tell you to be aware as there is a possibility of replacing the key for a new one.

The Sam module is in the trunk that would be the second step to check, precisely there is a fuse which is good to check before proceeding to disassemble the Sam module to be taken to review.