Gavin Perry
Gavin Perry, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
105804848

Just tried to start my C220 auto w204 this morning and key

Customer Question

Hi, just tried to start my C220 auto w204 this morning and key turned ignition on with full power but when you turn it to the start postion nothing happens deadly quite, no faults lights and no faults on a detailed obd reader that has run 3 different checks and an ignition system check. Any ideas?
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: the car was in park and what is wheel locl?
JA: What year is your C220?
Customer: 2010
JA: Are you fixing your C220 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just had green flag breakdown man out to do a full test of the systems and nothing found curently doing a one hour battery disconnect and have tried both keys with same result
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: battery is at full power and the car drove 100 miles without issue yesterday
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Gavin Perry replied 5 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** am here to assist you Today has the 12 volt feed been checked on the starter motor solenoid with the key in crank position.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
no electrical checks have been done just fault diagnosis on detailed obd reader by green flag mechanic. car has been starting extremely well for last week and runs 100 miles a day at the moment. it feels like the immobiliser isn't letting the car start.

OBD2 only really reads the engine ECU / module their are other ECUs / modules to look at but start with checking for 12volts at the starter motor solenoid first using a multi meter.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
sorry I can't as no multi meter available.

Then it will need stronger diagnostic software to read all the SAM (Signal Acquisition Modules)

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
the reader the green flag man used did a 100 point full system check and a full ignition system check with no faults found. I started the car at least 10 times yesterday.

Then it will need the 12 volt feed checking at the starter motor solenoid.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
ok I'll see if I can get a meter. if that's ok what's next?

Check for that first then get back to me.