Kevin
Kevin, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at Kemsing motor company
84635724

06, E class - my a/c button flashes 4 times and a/c will not

Customer Question

06, E class - my a/c button flashes 4 times and a/c will not come on
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: I had the system gassed last year and the unit is working ok - this is a switch/computer fault i think
JA: What is the model of your '06 Mercedes?
Customer: E280 CDi
JA: Are you fixing your E280 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried anything - i have no idea what to try
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: nothing that i know of
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Kevin replied 10 days ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Peter Finn - I have no technical knowledge of this issue so I prefer email so that I can take my time studying the solution
Expert:  Kevin replied 10 days ago.
Hi peter I hope your well. The ac warning flashing is an indication that a fault has been detected within the system and it’s preventing the ac from functioning . This can be anything from low refrigerant (most common with a small leak in system ) to the compressor failing or a pressure sensor fault . A diagnostic tool will be needed to connect to the ac controller and see what’s preventing running