Kevin
Kevin, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at Kemsing motor company
84635724

I keep getting the tyre pressure warning message, even

I keep getting the tyre pressure warning message, even though the tyres are fine
JA: Is the tire cold or warm? And are you using a decent pressure guage for the reading?
Customer: The message comes up after approx. 10 mins of driving I have used 2 different gauges
JA: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I don't have a MINI, I have just bought a Mercedes C220
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
The message comes up after about 10 minutes of driving, Yes the tyre gauge is fine
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
My name is*****
After checking tyre pressure have you reset the monitor on the dash ?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
but it happens every time I start the car
Ok so the next step is to test the valves . A special tool will be required to see if all the valves are communicating
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Would this be the case if the tyres are not run flats
Shouldn’t have an effect but the valves have an internal battery that after a period of time fails and the valve has to be replaced and testing with a special valve test tool is the only way to check
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok thanks I'll look in to it.