sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I think the power steering fluid is low - it makes a

Customer Question

Hi. I think the power steering fluid is low - it makes a god-awful whining noise when I turn
JA: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?
Customer: It gets regular services so within the last year And yes - horrible noise
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Mercedes GLC, 2015
JA: Are you fixing your GLC yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing so far
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so... Thank you
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 12 days ago.
My name is ***** ***** I’m a moderator for this topic! My goal is to help you get the best out of JustAnswer.
Experts are much more likely to answer your question quickly if they know the make, model, year of your vehicle, engine type and size, fuel type and registration plate number.
Please provide the information above to help Experts find a solution quicker.
Thank you for your help and patience,
Tetyana – Moderator
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
MERCEDES GLC-CLASS
2143 DIESEL, 07/2015 -> 03/2020
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 12 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, I will leave you a series of videos that will help you to fill the hydraulic fluid level of the steering, this is for models from 2008 to 2015.

https://es.carcarekiosk.com/video/2013_Mercedes-Benz_C300_4Matic_Sport_3.5L_V6/liquido_de_direccion_asistida/controlar_nivel_de_liquido

If your model is not this, surely it is a model purely electro-assisted steering, therefore does not use hydraulic fluid, in these cases the steering motor may be the problem, I recommend not to drive the vehicle to avoid damaging the steering system.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.

.