sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Ron a msg came up on my e350 saying only emode available

Customer Question

Hi Ron a msg came up on my e350 saying only emode available refuel immediately!! But it has half a tank of fuel in! But I did use the 99+ high octane petrol/E5 . Could this be why?
JA: What year is your E350?
Customer: 2017
JA: Are you fixing your E350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ive done nothing yet as this msg came up just before I reached work! So I just parked up at work and not used it since! Am on my break now so thought ide try find out why this msg would come up!? As it has half a tank of fuel
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: I put petrol in on Sunday! But used electric mode mostly! It’s started ok and it did go into petrol mode yesterday when battery life ran out and was running ok
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No thanks
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 18 days ago.
My name is ***** ***** I’m a moderator for this topic! My goal is to help you get the best out of JustAnswer.
Experts are much more likely to answer your question quickly if they know the make, model, year of your vehicle, engine type and size, fuel type and registration plate number.
Please provide the information above to help Experts find a solution quicker.
Thank you for your help and patience,
Tetyana – Moderator
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 17 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, the octane change may have triggered the exhaust emissions system, but I don't think you should worry, drive until the fuel level drops and go back to your regular fuel. If the problem persists, reset the error code that may have been generated through diagnostic equipment.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.