Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

My stereo says temperature high and keeps cutting out, 140

Customer Question

Hi. My stereo says temperature high and keeps cutting out
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you checked the coolant level?
Customer: 140 k. Not checked coolant
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2005 CLK 320 CDI coupe sport
JA: What year is your Coupe?
Customer: 2005
JA: Are you fixing your Coupe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing. . How do I check coolant
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My Esp also playing up. Could it be related
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 12 days ago.
My name is ***** ***** I’m a moderator for this topic! My goal is to help you get the best out of JustAnswer.
Experts are much more likely to answer your question quickly if they know the make, model, year of your vehicle, engine type and size, fuel type and registration plate number.
Please provide the information above to help Experts find a solution quicker.
Thank you for your help and patience,
Tetyana – Moderator
Expert:  Robert replied 11 days ago.

Hello im Rob. A Certified Motor Technician in the UK. And will be advising you on your question today..

Coolant reservior is located at the drivers side of the engine bay.than tank is has a black top..this must only be checked when the engine is cool/cold.....ideallyyou want to get it on a scan tool to verfiy any faults/codes stored..its possible you have faulty coolant temp sensor.but normally thosedont cause the engine to cut out unless its way up to the maximum but then the main fan should be kicking in as a fail safe..do you hear the fan kick in at all?