Kevin
Kevin, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at Kemsing motor company
84635724

C, Should I use E10 fuel in my SLC 200 (LO17YSL) I have had

Customer Question

C
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: Should I use E10 fuel in my SLC 200 (LO17YSL)
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: I have had problems several times with dirty plugs using normal E5 fuel
JA: What year is your Mercedes?
Customer: 2017
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I only use Mercedes Chelsea or Croydon
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 days ago.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?

I've spoken to so many customers about the fuel situation due to the government not really doing enough to put people's minds at rest or even explain when the new fuel type is it's very frustrating and must be for you worrying every time you fill-up. The good news is that your car is compatible with the new e10 10% ethanol fuel and you can use it as normal without any worry.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!