sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Start and stop button not working and doors not get locked

Customer Question

Start and stop button not working and doors not get locked or unlocked with key fob
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: Yes Not the problem with the fob
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: I checked at the locksmith and key fob was fine 2015 Mercedes m class bluetec ang
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I went to garage they checked the fuses and they said is fine
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: now I’m using the key to turn on the car but the problem is closing the boot coz the rest of the doors I can do them manually
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 15 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer it seems to be an electronic failure, may be inconvenient in the SAM module which is not emitting the signals to the central locking system correctly, for the start stop system I do not worry because when the computer detects an error code malfunction these automated systems are disabled as a precaution, to know what are the error codes that is disabled the star stop system is needed to make a computer diagnosis, the same to know the status of the SAM module.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
how much do I think that might cost ?

Dear customer these checks are not expensive, but I don't dare to tell you a price because they vary too much between technicians, especially if they are official or not, the price range is so wide that it would be a joke to give you an exact value.