Kevin
Kevin, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at Kemsing motor company
84635724

Do C180 [1995] have catalytic converters please, No,

Do C180 [1995] have catalytic converters please
JA: Has the vehicle been "scoped out"?
Customer: No
JA: What is the model of your '95 Mercedes?
Customer: *****************
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I want to know if I can use E10 petrol
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
bertie
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Can I or not use E10 petrol in my C180 [1995] model

Hi Bertie I hope you are well. I hope you aren't too stressed out by the introduction of the new fuel as it's not at any point be made very clear as to what cars arent and are affected by this. So yes your car is fitted with a catalyst but because of the age of the car, it's in one of those grey areas where it's not clearly listed as to if it will be affected or not with continuous usage. I would recommend that you use super unleaded fuel to prevent any issues

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
thanks that is what I was going to do but I only do about 2/3ooo miles a year

To be honest with the rise in the cost for the normal fuel the prices will be pretty close I just wouldn't recommend taking the risk of using e10

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks again have a nice day

You are very welcome. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!