sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Bonnet catch is broken and the alarm is constantly going

Customer Question

Bonnet catch is broken and the alarm is constantly going off. Can I disabke the noise until I get to a garage tomorrow
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2011
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: slamming the bonnet, trying to fix the bonnet catch housing. RAC have looked at the bonnet and it is secure - just need the noise to go off until it is fixed
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
How ling will the answer take
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Is there a time frame for an answer
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The estimated time frame was 8 minutes - I have now waited for almost an hout
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 7 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer sorry for the delay, what happens is that these alarm systems are connected directly to the computer, they cannot be disconnected as in older vehicles, the only way to stop the alarm from sounding is to disconnect the battery.