Kevin
Kevin, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at Kemsing motor company
84635724

Mercedes’ sprinter 313 diesel van, 2014, oil light reading

Customer Question

Mercedes’ sprinter 313 diesel van
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: 2014
JA: Are you fixing your Sprinter yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: oil light reading reduce oil
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: had oil change today
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Had Garage oil change today
Expert:  Kevin replied 18 days ago.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Ken
Expert:  Kevin replied 18 days ago.

Hi, Ken, I hope you are well. I'm sorry to hear you have the oil warning light on especially so soon after it was changed. Have you checked the oil level?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
The oil reads level ok
Expert:  Kevin replied 18 days ago.

so if the oil level is ok its possible that the level sensor in the sump has picked up some dirt in the replacement and may require replacement

Expert:  Kevin replied 18 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!