sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I've just bought a E300de Estate 2020 which states 30+ miles

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I've just bought a E300de Estate 2020 which states 30+ miles battery fully charged
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: But I only achieve 20 miles fully charged and doesn’t last half those miles in actual distance. Is my battery faulty and how could I tell?
JA: What is the model of your '20 Mercedes?
Customer: E300de Estate
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I’ve only just bought the car 5Th November from a main dealer. And no. Not fixing myself.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Should it reach 30mile on the gauge when fully charged irrelevant of weather conditions. I appreciate it would use more electric in the winter
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 21 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer it depends on the consumption of your Mercedes, it is normal that the winter season the battery is affected and can reduce its performance by up to 30%, therefore it can be normal that the performance of your battery is affected.

I don't think you have any damage to the battery, your model is 2020 and these batteries are designed to last for several years before generating any problems.

In conclusion it seems to me that you have nothing to worry about, just wait for the winter to pass.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I appreciate the 30%, but it isn’t really that cold yet and i thought it should show more miles whilst in a charge operation?

Dear customer, it may also be a configuration problem, the vehicle may be configured to constantly push itself to the maximum, in any case it is worth trying to reset it to factory data through a diagnostic equipment.

If your vehicle is under warranty it would be a good idea to try this.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
No phone call required
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Do I contact Mercedes to check this or is it something I do myself

Ideally, it is best to check directly from the Mercedes, as we do not want to have any complications when trying to manipulate the energy consumption conditions.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Definitely not, I just checking if it would come under warranty?

Dear costumer Is there anything else I can help you with?

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 19 days ago.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Why is my Mercedes E300de only maximum charging to 19miles fully charged when it quotes 30miles. What could be wrong

Dear customer, you may have a misconfiguration or a problem with the load cells.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
would I know andwhat would I need to do? would that be under warranty

Dear customer, as it is your 2020 model, it is most likely under warranty.