IanjC211
IanjC211, Technician
Experience:  Expert
111627093

I have purchased a sat-nav gamin card for ,my ,180,

Customer Question

hi, i have purchased a sat-nav gamin card for ,my b,180, 2015,does,nt work have changed card three times still not working,it keeps saying on screen to eject card and check the side lock, i have put the side lock in all positions and still the same response, is there somthing i am not doing.
JA: What is the model of your '15 Mercedes?
Customer: b-180
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing other than to insert the card.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: not that i know of
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 13 days ago.
My name is ***** ***** I’m a moderator for this topic! My goal is to help you get the best out of JustAnswer.
Experts are much more likely to answer your question quickly if they know the make, model, year of your vehicle, engine type and size, fuel type and registration plate number.
Please provide the information above to help Experts find a solution quicker.
Thank you for your help and patience,
Tetyana – Moderator
Expert:  IanjC211 replied 13 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** am I assisting please Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your vehicle but I am here to help. The system will automatically offer a phone call but I'm unable to take calls at this time. One moment while I review the information. Regards Ian

Expert:  IanjC211 replied 13 days ago.

The first part of the installation process is the physical installation of the SD card.

Step 1: Check the SD Card Is Not Locked

First, check that the SD card is not locked. On the left side of the SD card, you’ll find a lock switch. You will not be able to insert the SD card if the lock switch is in operation.

To unlock the SD card, make sure that the lock switch is in the open position by sliding it up towards the end of the SD card with the diagonally-cut corner.

Step 2: Insert the SD Card into The Slot in Your Vehicle

Compatible Mercedes-Benz cars come with SD card slots, designed to accommodate your Garmin SD card. Just slide the card into the slot until you hear a reassuring click.

The click tells you that you’ve locked the card in place and that it’s ready to use.

Step 3:  Follow the On-Screen Instructions

Once the card is safety in the slot, it’s time to follow the onscreen instructions. These instructions help you perform the rest of the installation.

If it still continues to give the same message rither the SD card is faulty or got currupted files or the SD reader is not working corrctly it will need to g o to Mercedes so they can check the SD reader incase it is not working or it may need a new SD card.