sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My key woulnt turn the ignition, The car is in park I don't

Customer Question

My key woulnt turn the ignition
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: The car is in park I don't know about a wheel lock but the car did have a flat when I got off work and tried to start it
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2006 E350
JA: Are you fixing your E350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I don't think I can we've tried charging the battery putting car in neutral locking and unlocking setting alarm and disarming
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not that I can think of
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 18 days ago.
Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear costumer I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, please give me a moment to evaluate your problem in detail, you can send me pictures or videos that better describe your problem, also, it is likely that I should ask some additional questions to improve my final answer. The system will offer you a premium service call which has an additional charge to the initial cost of the consultation, but it is not necessary we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Ok

Dear customer, the problem you are experiencing is a clear indication of a worn cylinder. The best thing to do in these cases is to replace the key cylinder assembly, as the problem will start to occur more and more frequently.

Remember that if you wish you can give me more information about your problem, such as what things you have checked.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back. The experts at just answer will always be there to help you. For future enquiries you can contact me directly using @Exp-JoseSebas Kind regards, Sebastian