sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My 2013 e class rear brake issues. Vehicle went in for MOT

Customer Question

My 2013 e class rear brake issues. Vehicle went in for MOT and rear brake pipe popped under pressure. Garage unable to get brake fluid to rear brakes. Replaced Brake pipes and Brake master cylinder same problem. Why
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? When was it last changed?
Customer: All fluid changed
JA: What is the model of your '13 Mercedes?
Customer: Cabriolet
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Garage have replaced brake pipe, Brake master cylinder
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 8 days ago.
Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear costumer I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, please give me a moment to evaluate your problem in detail, you can send me pictures or videos that better describe your problem, also, it is likely that I should ask some additional questions to improve my final answer. The system will offer you a premium service call which has an additional charge to the initial cost of the consultation, but it is not necessary we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
awaiting your reply

Dear customer, did you have the abs pump checked?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
abs no problem with it

Dear customer, the abs are in charge of the braking system, if you have problems with this and you have done all the checks you mentioned, the next step would be to check this pump.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
pump ok

Dear customer, did you check the abs pump?

Dear customer, as I told you before, in my opinion you should have the ABS pump checked, as the whole line was changed and checked, the brake cylinder was changed, but you do not mention checks to the ABS pump even though the problem was due to overpressure, which seems to me unacceptable, as when this kind of problem occurs this is the first thing that should be checked, if you wish you can give me more details, about the checks made by the mechanics or if any error code was obtained.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back. The experts at just answer will always be there to help you. For future enquiries you can contact me directly using @Exp-JoseSebas Kind regards, Sebastian