sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My c250ds Comand screen keeps turning on and off, ever since

Customer Question

My c250ds Comand screen keeps turning on and off, ever since I asked to set up my Mercedes’ me account. Does it have anything to do with that?
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2016
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes but I haven’t tried much really as don’t know what to try
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 16 days ago.
Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, please give me a moment to evaluate your problem in detail, you can send me pictures or videos that better describe your problem, also, it is likely that I should ask some additional questions to improve my final answer.

The system will offer you a premium service call which has an additional charge to the initial cost of the consultation, but it is not necessary we can continue through this chat without any problem.

Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Yeah it’s really annoying as I’ve only picked this car up recently, I have warranty on the car which is a plus but don’t want this bug
It started right after that?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Yeah
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Well started straight after I started my Mercedes’ me
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Before that it was fine
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Apparently I’ve looked it up it could be low battery?

Dear customer, this may be the case, but if the problem occurs after a configuration, a battery check and a data reset are ideal.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 15 days ago.

Dear customer, from what you have told me, I consider that the problem of the screen turning off could be related to the configuration that was performed, so my main advice is that you perform a reset of the data, however, we must not rule out the probability of some coincidence, so I consider that you should not rule out a problem of wiring, fuses, battery charge level or the rear connections of the screen, as sometimes the deterioration of these connections can generate screen flickering or even the complete shutdown of the same.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back. The experts at just answer will always be there to help you. For future enquiries you can contact me directly using @Exp-JoseSebas Kind regards, Sebastian