Casey Atwood
Casey Atwood, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Expert
110262156

I have recently bought a 2017 c class 220d. yesterday the

Customer Question

I have recently bought a 2017 c class 220d. yesterday the symbols on the top right hand of the multimedia screen changed showing a fault. The display now shows CARD 1 followed by five empty columns and a red battery. Can you tell me what is wrong?
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: No
JA: What is the model of your '17 Mercedes?
Customer: 220d exec
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No but I want to know the fault before finding an appropriate garage
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: dont think so thanks
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Casey Atwood replied 15 days ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer Mechanical Support! I amCustomer I will be Investigating and supporting your question today. I understand it can be frustrating when your auto is not working as expected, but don't worry as I am here to get you back on your way! I am just looking over the information you have provided, if you have any additional information that you believe will help me to support you please feel free to send it over. Kind regards,Customer

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
There is a second, probably unrelated problem, in that the auto stationary engine stop is not working?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi Mr Atwood. When can I expect a response?

Good morning, thank you for your patience. Could you please send me an image of all the warnings and faults appearing on your screens? As for the start-stop mode, is the mode activated? There will be a button that activates and deactivates the mode. Kind regards,Customer

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
The A button is pressed and shows Green. However the driver display shows a yellow letter A with a strike through. I cant easily yet an image as I don't have Internet on my mobile Phone.
I thought I had given a very clear description but here goes again.
The top Right hand corner of the display shows :- CARD 1 followed by five empty rectangles (colour white) followed by an outline of a battery (colour red) lastly the phone symbol (in white). Previously the first three or four rectangles where solid white and the battery symbol also white and about half full.
Thanks Terry

Your description was very detailed and I appreciate it, but in these situations, a picture paints a thousand words and massively helps me to visualize what is going on. No worries, bear with me while I look into your issue. Kind regards,Customer

Looking into your query, The yellow letter A with the strikethrough seems to be indicating that your start/stop function is unavailable. Usually, this is caused by a battery issue. The battery is still able to start your vehicle and power electronics etc. However, it does not have the power necessary for the start/stop. As for the card 1 issue, I will need an image attachment so I can see what is happening as I'm unsure of the rectangles you are describing. Kind regards,Customer

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok I will have to try to do this, but will get back to you tomorrow. Thanks Terry

No problem. If you have the battery replaced, it may solve all the above issues you have mentioned. Kind regards,Customer

Expert:  Casey Atwood replied 14 days ago.

I hope you managed to solve your issue. If you require any more assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me. Kind regards,Customer

Expert:  Casey Atwood replied 13 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I appreciate the time and effort you have given me to help support you. If you would like to follow up with me at any point, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Kind regards,Customer