sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Paul my recently purchased Mercedes S Class S300 Bluetec

Customer Question

Hi Paul my recently purchased Mercedes S Class S300 Bluetec Diesel Hybrid AMG Exec 2016 model is causing me no end of strife. I have owned the vehicle 8 weeks and suddenly the auto gears will not change gears until the engine has reached 2800 to 3000 rpms. Previously the gears would change once the engine reached 1800 to 2000 rpms. I have tried the reset ie position 2 with gas pedal past kick down 10 second turn off the car wait 2 minutes. Please help!
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: Serviced just after purchase 1 owner before me and the vehicle is 6 years old
JA: What is the model of your '16 Mercedes?
Customer: s300 diesel bluetec diesel hybrid W222 model
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: will have a mechanic mate undertake the repair for me. As stated earlier only the transmission reset done.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: A dpf fault occurred 2 fault codes. One for the sensor and the other DPF. P245364 and P246385. Had the dpf checked and 3 stage engine carbon clean done. Mechanic informed me no unspent ash recorded on diagnostics but said the dpf sensor may be faulty. Having the sensor replaced as we speak.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 15 days ago.
Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know with whom I have the pleasure to talk, also if possible I would like you to send a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you obtained any error code, it would also be convenient. Keep in mind that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional charge to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you for now dispense with the call, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi Sebastian no fault codes for gearbox or anything else my name is Tahir
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
rather communicate as is thank you

Hello dear Tahir, I am checking your query, as it has several codes that I want to verify before giving you a more concrete answer.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
My mechanic suggested the transmission oil never changed at 80000 miles presently so the problem maybe the TCP rebuild, free of charge if the plate not damaged
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi sebastian just received a call from my bank querying my £5 payment questioning transactions and potential fraud prevention
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Are you still there?

Dear customer, I am not very aware of the deductions of the page, if you wish I can comment this to the moderators to see what has happened, what I can tell you, is that the call service will be offered to you several times, please do not consider it necessary to take it, because apart from making an extra charge, I do not see it necessary for your query.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No problem thank you

Dear customer, evaluating the codes you have sent, I agree with your mechanic, it seems to me that the most appropriate thing to do is to replace the dpf, please keep me posted.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
It is not the dpf that has been suggested to replace but the sensor. Also my problem is the gears not changing until 2800rpms. That was my query
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
what can you suggest for that.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
will you be able to help with that?

Dear customer, yes I was referring to the sensor, keep me updated with this, as for your gear problem, remember that the transmission is limited in a wider rev range to avoid efforts in the wrong way, this is due to the same emergency mode generated by the failure of the sensor.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Are you suggesting the gear change problem will be resolved after replacing the sensor
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Request a new Expert

Dear customer, after changing the sensor and performing the data reset, the emergency mode should be removed and the gears should return to normal if they are faulty due to this, otherwise other options would be considered, but at the moment the emergency mode is the most probably.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 14 days ago.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.