Kevin
Kevin, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

I have a 2017 GLC 350. I have topped up the ad blue but

Customer Question

Hi , I have a 2017 GLC 350. I have topped up the ad blue but there is no change in levels! It’s says the level can’t be taken? Also the engine management light is on!
JA: Are you fixing your 3500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I’ve just topped up ad blue!
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Kevin replied 18 days ago.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Yeah, my name is Adi
Expert:  Kevin replied 18 days ago.

Hi Adi I hope you are well. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing AdBlue issues and I totally understand how frustrating this is. Have you driven the car since topping up?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Expert:  Kevin replied 18 days ago.

Ok so if you have added fluid and the system hasn't recognized it after driving the car will need to be attached to a diagnostic scan tool to try and reset the system. It's possible there is a pump unit issue occurring

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Oh, ok, thanks
Expert:  Kevin replied 18 days ago.

you are very welcome. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!