Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

My Mercedes automatic is slow at taking of one it gets to a

Customer Question

Hi my Mercedes automatic is slow at taking of one it gets to a higher speed it’s ok.Can you help me.
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: GLA220 1964.4matic.
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No a mechanic but can’t find the fault.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The engine light is staying on.
JA: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?
Customer: No it has not stalled .they have done a test but it wasn’t what it said.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Robert replied 18 days ago.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a Vehicle Master Tech/MOT Tester located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call.I don’t personally offer this service. I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best advice possible and to help you. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Firstly can i ask who i am speaking with today?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hi my name is*****
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No just send me a message
Expert:  Robert replied 18 days ago.

Hello Iris

- Do you have any note of fault codes that your garage got after they had scanned the vehicle?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No they didnot tell me.
Expert:  Robert replied 18 days ago.

Ok. its would be helpful to know what codes are being set in order to get an idea what the ecm is setting.that will be the reason why the engine management light is currently on..Has you garage inspected the fuel filter or changed that out yet?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I will call the garage tomorrow and ask them the codes and get back to you tomorrow when I have them if that’s ok.thank you
Expert:  Robert replied 18 days ago.

Yes thats totally fine.if you could list them here then i will get back to you as soon as i can.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Expert:  Robert replied 18 days ago.

No problem