sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My c class reg multi media system has been turned off by guy

Customer Question

My c class 69 reg multi media system has been turned off by guy fixing a dent. I have blank screen so how do I get it working
JA: What is the model of your '69 Mercedes?
Customer: C43 AMG wagon
JA: Are you fixing your C43 AMG yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have got the radio up in the small screen but if I try any movement with the controls it says radio off
JA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: Standard Mercedes system
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Don’t think so
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 7 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Dear customer, could you send a photo?

Dear customer, the problem you have described is very characteristic of a blown fuse or even a wiring that has been wet or touched, in any case, my recommendation is that you check the rear connectors of the radio, to correct the error.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.