Brandon M.
Brandon M., Computer Technician
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm
12024030

Outlook 2011 for mac is downloading all me old emails very

Outlook 2011 for mac is downloading all me old emails very tome it tries to send/receive. In addition, Calendar is making multiple duplicate entries. I need to get rid of the existing duplicates and stop any further occurrences so I can then sync with iCal. Can assist me?
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I would be happy to help you.

Can you please go to Tools > Accounts and let me know if your account says POP account or IMAP account?

Brandon
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

POP account Brandon

Thanks for that information. With a POP account, your email client is going to download any and all emails from the server until the mailbox on the server is empty (think of it like a PO Box - when you go there, you will want to empty it).

Anyway, you should let it go so it can download everything and offload the email from your email provider.

As far as your duplicate calendar entiries, I am not sure what caused them but sadly, there is no way to find and remove duplicates. They will need to be done manually. It is possible that when you previously had it setup with iCal syncing that it duplicated them (as that is a known issue). So, you'll need to delete the duplicates in Outlook, then you might just want to reset the sync on iCal. You can do this by holding down Option (key) and clicking on the icon of arrows in a circle on your menu bar. Choose the option to reset the sync system.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,
Brandon
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Sorry Brandon but I don't see an icon of arrows on the menu bar. I am running Mavericks

Tom,

This is an old picture but the icon and options are still roughly the same:

graphic

You need to turn Sync Services back on first before you'll see this icon in the menubar.

Best regards,
Brandon
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks Brandon!

No problem. Let me know if you have any trouble. Otherwise, please be sure to rate the service so that I can be compensated for the time spent with you.

Best regards,
Brandon