Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  Over 10 years work experience.

Trying to access wireless network, new router BT Home Hub 4.Pc

trying to access wireless network, new router BT Home Hub 4.Pc has vista
get message cannot find wireless connection
phone line and router are fine
Hello,I am an Information Technology Professional with over 15 years of professional experience. I am the technician assigned to your case today. I look forward to working with you and resolving this problem.Does the PC see any wireless signals at all? When are you given the error message that you mentioned?I will be standing by.Thank you,Jason
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I tried to set up wireless network manually

then got message when I tried to connect

maybe I set it up wrong

Thank you for the update.How about this; can you plug the problem wireless computer into the router or modem with a cable and allow me to remote into it so I can setup the wireless connection?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

please tell me what you would enter to do this and I will plug cable in later

I am not understanding. You are asking me what I "would enter". Please, help me understand what you are referring to.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes I am asking what settings you would use to set up so I can do

I am sorry to say, but I have no idea what the settings are because I am not there with you. What is the full brand and model name of your router, please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

BT Home Hub 4

When you attempted to setup the wireless connection between the router and the computer, did you use the information that was found on the BT Home Hub label? The label is located on the back of the router. Essentially, all you have to do is connect to the network name/ssid that is listed on the BT Home Hub and enter the password ***** is listed there. Is that what you did?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes and get message cannot find a network

But it does 'see' the network before you enter the password?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

In that case, there is a problem with your computer's wireless card and/or a problem with the wireless information. Do you have any computers connected to the wireless signal?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes laptop using now - windows 7 home

Very good. Let's find out what the network name and password ***** changed to. On the Windows 7 computer, click the wireless icon that is located near the clock (bottom right of the screen). Right click the network name that you are connected to, click Properties, click the tab on top for Encryption/security, put a check next to "Show Password". Now connect the other pc to the network name and password ***** you located using the instructions above. Are you able to sign in that way?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes I have used these and get same message

cannot find a network

Thank you for the update. Are you ready to start the remote session now on the PC?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no don't have cable

Oh. You don't have any cables in the house at all? For now, you can just use one from another computer, temporarily. If not, I can remote into your current computer and fix the issue that way.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it is all wireless, can you remote into the PC this this laptop?

Yes, I definitely can.Please, click the following link and run the remote application on that page:
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

have clicked on link, no run button yet

Which Internet browser are you currently using (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or something of the like)?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

internet explorer

It isn't working for you for some reason.Please, click this link: Download and run that file.- It will give you an ID & password. Please, give me both of the ID and password.
Here is the link that you need to click:
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

192 312 354

That number is ***** working. Please, verify that you gave me the correct numbers and that the TeamViewer application is running.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

192 312 354