Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues

I have a Dell laptop and want to change the display

I have a Dell laptop and want to change the display language
Hello and thank you for your question. I would look forward to assisting you today. What version of Windows are you using?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its windows 8.1 I think

Okay thank you. I would need to know for sure.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How can i check which version it is ?

Well just try this. Hold the Windows key + C, and click on Settings. Click on "Change PC settings". Click on "Time and Language Go to Region and language and click on the + button to add a new language Select the language of your choice and follow the onscreen instructions.
How's it going?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear *****,

As said in my mail, I tried what you said, but it does not work.

So not sure what to do next , but I have to find another solution.

There are other ways. Just give me a minute please.
Open Control Panel and let me know when you are there.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

control panel is open

When you go to the Clock Language group, does it list the language you want?
After you select the language you want, you will need to select options to download the display language pack, otherwise your computer will continue to display in English.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dan to clarify

1)The current display langage is Russian and I want to change it to english

2) when I select the language i Want, i select parameters and an supposed to get the option to download the english pack, this oprtion does not appear, hence I cannot continue

Sorry I got that reversed. Do you see something like this attachment?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes I do, but when I click on options, I should get the possibility to download the pack (as explained on one of the videos i saw on you tube on this topic) but the download option does not come ...

That's strange! Was Windows original language in Russian and have you upgraded from an older version?
Give this a try please. Open control panel. Select clock, language and region. Click on language, click on advanced settings from the left panel.Select English (United States) under Override for Windows display language and Override for default input method section. Click on save.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear *****,

This has also not worked as under Override for windows display language it only proposes me the option Russian

My apologies for not being able to resolve this issue for you. I will opt out and open the question for another expert.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** of the expert in computer. If you don't mind can we have remote session.If you are ok, please download and run RDP tool from below link Thanks
Dear sir, I didn't find any reply from you, i am just checking to see if you are still waiting for answer Please replyThanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i am still waiting for the answer

thank you

Thanks for your reply..What's the best time we can meet. I suggest to have a remote desktop session with you as its quiet quicker and easy. Please let me know when you are availableThanks,Fiyaz
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We can do this now, i am available for the next hour if it is convenient to you

Thank you for your reply and best regards

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi do not understand this system, an expert called Michelle said she would take over, I have send her 2 messages no reply.
Does not look like I will get an answer.Best
As discussed, please do the below on the laptop
Can you go to
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes dowloading

takes time to set up as all in Russian ...

no problem and thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ID 324 195 504

PW 9279

connecting now
it says password ***** ***** can you double check it please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

there seems to have been a pbl with installation of the file

i restarted it

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues