Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.

In Office 2013 I get the message 'Outlook ran into an event

in Office 2013 I get the message 'Outlook ran into an event that is preventing it from working correctly. Outlook will need to close as a result. Would you like to repair it?.'
The Options are Repair (but nothing happens and it closes), Close (it does), Help (takes me to where other people have the same problem but no replies).
The top banner says Outlook (Non-commercial use)(Unlicensed product - it isn't)
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. When did you first start having this issue with Outlook? May I set up a quick remote session, which will allow me to connect directly to your screen and check the issue here? Please reply back to me below. Thank you.
The remote session will come at no extra charge. Please disregard any phone offer prompt on your screen, and just reply back to me below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The fault has occurred intermittently over the past few weeks but seems permanent since 12 hours ago.

Ok for a quick remote session.

Hmm; could you do a system restart once now, and then check again? Also, did you test the Store app as well? Keep me posted.
Please disregard the earlier reply - sending you directions for remote now. Please stand by.
OK, let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link: 'I agree', then download the remote tool when prompted. An 'Elsinore Screen Connect' file will be downloaded by your browser (at the very bottom.) OPEN/RUN the file from your downloads, and I'll be connected. If you face any issues, just reply back to me below.Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I followed your earlier reply and Outlook appears to be back to normal, but I'll check with the remote session

I see, all right. Since you stated that this is an intermittent issue with Outlook, the issue might recur in the future as well. If you have any issues with downloading/running the remote file as requested, just reply back to me below. Once we have set up the remote session, I'll check Outlook for you accordingly. Thank you.