Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues

I want to set up payment settings on a new Windows 10 computer.

I want to set up payment settings on a new Windows 10 computer. The country region is fixed at US preventing me from completing
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Exactly for which account are you trying to set up payment settings?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
MS Winows 10
ok, but windows itself does not use payment settings.
Where exactly in windows are you referring to?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I prefer to talk it through
no problem, but I need you please to be specific in what your trying to register a payment type for please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
manage my microsoft account.... add a payment option...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I enter credit card details and under Billing Country it is fixed at United States. This blocks me from proceeding.
ok, exactly how are you accessing it though? Via your web browser? In the App Store?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok, so via your account?
Sorry, I need as much detail as possible as Microsoft have payment systems for many different things.
What exactly is it your trying to purchase?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not through Outlook. PC User identity at top left of Windows 10 start screen.....c.hange account settings,,,,manage my MS account.....add a payment option.... enter payment/ credit card details... billing country = USA. -> stuck!
Click on the search ion the bottom left
In the search box, enter region, and then, in the results, tap or click Change your country or region.
Select the country or region for your location from the list.
Set it to UK
Restart the computer and tell me if it now is correct please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Done and restarting now. Please know that I previously changed my region and it didn't change the USA in the credit card/ Billing page.
Restarted.... It still shows USA
what does it show in the region now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
United States
ok, so you change it to UK but it changes back to US after a restart?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No. I changed it to Ireland. my country/region is Ireland but the credit card/Billing info/payment section still shows United States.
ok sorry, it says UK here, but I was asking, you changed the region to your location and restarted and you said it told you united states.
So I need to know, you changed it to Ireland, restarted and it reverted back to united states again?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes - the payment info/ credit card billing country remained at United States
ok, your misunderstanding my question, Ill try again
1) you change the region to Ireland as per instructions I gave you
Click on the search ion the bottom left
Set it to Ireland
2) Restart the computer
3) Go back to Region, is it STILL set to Ireland? Or it is United States again?
Not the website, the region settings.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We each misunderstand each other. I have changed the country to Ireland. It shows Ireland in the control panel, However, it remains at United States in the credit card billing section
ok, thats what I needed to know, that the region remains as ireland
When you go to in your browser, which google do you see? Still .com or
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok, so it is all correct via the browser
Click this link and sign in
Tell me when you have signed in please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
signed in now
ok, now Tap or click Payment options > Add payment option, and then select the type of payment option that you want to add.
Add information to any required fields, and then click Next.
Then does it allow you to choose Ireland or have Ireland already selected?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is the nub of the problem. The United States is fixed and I cannot enter my billing country/region which is Ireland.
yes I understand the issue your having, but I wanted it done the procedure I just gave. You did it exactly as I listed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. Still fixed at US
ok, ill connect to your computer at no extra charge as it will be easier for you to have me see whats going on.
Can you go to
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do not wish to avail of that option.Thanks.
Do you have another computer or smartphone / tablet available there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok, do the instructions I gave on that device and tell me if you still have the same issue please.
You can update the payment details from any device, so try on your other device and let me know the results please,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The billing info here differs in that there is first a box with options as to business account types. The billing country listed is Country/Region Azerbaijan and I cannot change it.
ok, this is very strange as its now just choosing the first one in the list (A), I think its best you have the billing information done via the phone
To do this call 1850 940 940
And have the billing done to your account this way.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, will do but it will be tomorrow as I must go somewhere now. Please leave me an email address and I'll get back to you tomorrow.Thanks, Bernard
Thanks Bernard
We are not allowed to exchange email addresses due to the sites policy, but I marked this question to never close, so any issues just let me know here via this website like your doing now.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service before leaving by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.