Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

My Surface comes up with password ***** is no longer recognised.

My Surface comes up with password ***** is no longer recognised. How can I reset or delete password?
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. Are you referring to your Windows user account's password? If so, do you see any email address listed for your account, at the logon screen? Please reply back to me below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have an address of***@******.*** which I have tried to change password ***** success I just want to revert to no password *****
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What can I do? I await your response
Please accept my apologies for the delay - I just received your reply. Now, do you have a phone number ending with -83, by any chance? Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have already paid for a solution and not paying another £18 for a telephone call! If you cant help just tell me
Please IGNORE the phone call offer on the screen, and reply back to me below: Now, do you have a phone number ending with -83, by any chance? Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is fast becoming a waste of time and money as I thought it would be a quick solution but so far have had no advice
Are you getting my replies? For the third time: Do you have a phone number ending with -83, by any chance? I need it to reset the password ***** your Windows account itself. Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My mobile number ends in 83
OK, great - could you let me know the last FOUR digits of the mobile number, please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
4983
Okay, thanks - I just sent you a verification code by text message. Please let me know what's the code you received on the phone.
If you just received a verification code by text message on your phone, please let me know that code and I'll get the password ***** for you accordingly. If you did not receive any code, please let me know. Thank you.
No text message received yet? Please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have code of(###) ###-####
Hi, are you still there?
Please accept my sincere apologies - it took me a while to look up and verify your account from my side.
Now, please let me know a NEW password ***** would like to set for your Windows account itself, and I'll go ahead and set it for you accordingly. Thank you.
Any new password ***** work; just let me know a password ***** your choice that you would like to set for your Windows account, and I'll reset it accordingly. Thanks!
I have now resetted your Windows password *****: phil4983 Please test this new password ***** your Surface tablet, and let me know if you are able to logon to your account all right thereafter.
If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.Otherwise, I'd appreciate it if you could kindly take a moment to submit a positive rating at the top of this page. Thank you :)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have received text confirming code0613309
If this new password ***** for you, I'd appreciate it if you could kindly take a moment to submit a positive rating at the top of this page. Thank you :)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All appears to be working now thanks