Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues

Outlook will not work in windows 10

outlook will not work in windows 10
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please exactly how outlook will not work? What error message or problem are you receiving?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
at first outlook would open with a repair message coming up but when i clicked on it it would just shut the program down i have reinstalled office which is 2013 and now it wont open at all with a message saying outlook has run into an error
Can you give me the error code and exact error message it is giving please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
there is no code it just says it has run into an error
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Can you right click on Start and click on Control Panel.
Then type in Mail in the top right and click on it when it appears.
Click on Show profiles then click on New.
Create a new profile. When created, on that page, select the new profile from the dropdown box so it always uses this new profile.
Then try to open outlook
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
else Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry what am i supposed to do now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
are you still there?
Can you go to
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ID 810 275 315 password *****
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have reinstalled and am still getting the same error message
I want you to create a new user account on the computer
Select the Start button, and then select Settings.
Select Accounts > Other users.
Under Other users, select Add someone else to this PC.
At the bottom of the page, select I don’t have this person’s sign-in information.
At the bottom of the next page, select Add a user without a Microsoft account.
Enter a name for the new account. If you want this person to sign in with a password, enter and verify the password, add a password ***** and then select Next.
Select Finish.
Restart the computer, sign in with this new account and tell me if outlook then opens please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I have done that but no it does not show
When you say it does not show, you mean the error does not show now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No sorry I don't have any office under that login
ok, install office under the login please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry Richard I appear to be doing g something wrong I have installed again but I still cannot see it I am still signed in under my new login
click on the start, type in outlook and wait.
Does it then appear?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If I right click on start the search is for cortana
ok, but I need you to click on start, not right click and then you can search
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes it has taken me to auto account setup
good, now setup your account again please and tell me if it now functions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What did you type in for incoming and outgoing mail server?
The settings are as follows
SMTP server name
SMTP port
SMTP authentication
Enabled (or 'Password' on Macs)
SMTP username
Full email address, for example,***@******.***
Note: If you update your username in My Virgin Media, this email address will not change.
Receiving mail (POP3)
POP3 server name
POP3 port
Make sure you click more settings and set outgoing server to use incoming server username and password ***** that the ports are set as I indicated (which you access under advance).
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry Richard as I was doing this my outlook crashed and has asked if I want to restart in safe mode?
OK, can you restart the computer and sign into this new account and try again please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I now have outlook in this new login but obviously everything else on my computer is on my other login
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi are you still there?
ok, the old login was corrupt, this was the issue.
You will have to use this new login sorry, as all repairs, and reinstalls failed. It is fortunate a reinstall of windows was not needed and it was only a user profile problem.
You can use a memory stick and copy all the files over, and programs you would need to install if they are not available. But you will need to use this new login moving forward, in order to use outlook.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will I be able to restore my old emails or has all this gone?
Its not possible sorry as we cannot get outlook to open in the old profile in order to get em exported, this is one of the first things I tried via another profile (that was the mail application in Control Panel I was using).
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks for your help
Your welcome.
If you need anything at all, please do not hesitate to let me know.