Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues

I have text that has, , only a few words on it,

I have text that has, for example, only a few words on it, with huge spaces between. When I try and join up the 3 word line with the line before or after, I get text in which words are run together, and when I try to introduce a space between the words with the space bar, it revers to the original 3 word line.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
It appears you have center justification on
Highlight all the text, then under the home tab, above paragraph, click on the lines that are lined up on the left side which should then left justify them
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, that's not the solution. Can I send you a sample? PS I am on an apple mac.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Trying to send text now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you willing to call the UK? If so: +44 20 8203 1567.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not a good idea. I see it costs more money. Let's try by you looking at the text I sent.
ok, it was the issue as it was set to center justified, which I corrected as per my instructions.
You can get it here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When I downloaded what you sent, it had the same fault. I then made sure it was NOT on centre justification. I tried both justify and justify left and neither cures the problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is set to justify text and not centre text and seems to have the same problem.I checked before I sent.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It has the same problem whether I put it in centre text, justify left, justify right, or justify both sides.
When I opened it it was center justified
Tell me on which page and text you see the fault please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What I sent you isn't centre justified and has the same problem. It shows clearly not centre justified.
Its still Justified, and I am tell you it needs to be LEFT Justified, as I sent it back to you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK, I give up. I better pay extra for the call. Where are you calling from? Can I get a receipt for these payments so I can at least put against my tax?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The form for calling is only set for US phone numbers and won't take my UK phone number. What do I do?
There is no need to call, just look at the sheet I gave you, and please carefully read the first answer, about it needing to be LEFT Justified.
"Highlight all the text, then under the home tab, above paragraph, click on the lines that are lined up on the left side which should then left justify them
Like here
Please at least look at the file I gave you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I attach the document you sent. It is left justified. But the problem remains. Does it remain when you look at it?
BTW, there is no home tab on the apple mac that I am aware of, but ther eis at the top of a document choices for left, right, centre, and full justification.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I believe I have followed your instructions fully.
On which page and text do you have an isssue?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am not sure what you mean. I sent a brief bit of text that has the issue. Isn't that sufficient?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This line for example:that intentions just are such plans). Plans in this
in addition to the justification problem you also had the tab stops being incorrect.
It is corrected and you can get the file here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That is very helpful. Can you give me some general pointers to what you did, so I can cure myself other places in the text that I have not showed you? I confess that tab stops are an unknown territory for me.
ok, they can be a pain, and it takes experience to use them really well, but this video will explain exactly how they work
But it is best to always leave them as default unless you need to use them for a specific reason.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will do the rating as you asked. On problem is that the document was converted from PDF so I had no idea that the tabs were not set to default. I suppose that there is a default setting? If you can just answer that, I will let you go and rate the advice.
Converting from PDF is a bit of a mess, the converter tries to do its best to get the text ready but it rarely is done well. Its not really meant to be converted so it does the best it can. This is something you cannot avoid.