Tim
Tim, Sr Systems/Network Engineer
Experience:  15 years in IT, have been with Ebay, DoD, and many others.
75378780

Windows 10/Outlook 2010 (Exchange) "This message could not

Windows 10/Outlook 2010 (Exchange) "This message could not be sent. Try sending the message again later, or contact your network administrator. The client operation failed. Error is [0x80004005-0x000b22-0x000501]"
COMES AND GOES, BUT MAINLY COMES. HAVE DONE SFC, AND OUTLOOK REPAIR.
IS GETTING IRRITATING.
NOT MY WIFI, MY WIFE IS ON ANOTHER MAIL PROVIDER, HAS NO PROBLEMS
STARTED TWO DAYS AGO
Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my VERY BEST to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call. In addition, with any positive rating I will support your question going forward for free.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, Let's stay with the web for the moment. If you need Remote Access then say, I have 100 Mbi/s private WiFi
A
ok, Whos your ISP?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hesbynett, Stavanger
www.hesynett.no
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Ok, remote and call offer is sent.
Let me know when your back.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am here most of the time, but this tempo is hardly chat, and I have other things to do.
Do you have anything to suggest actually ?
I'd need to look at an email header for the failed message, the error suggests intermittent connectivity, but that may not be true.
the email is bouncing back right? OR is it just popping up that message.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Example
From Subject Size Received
System Administrator Undeliverable: An Amazon.co.uk Gift Card you sent has been received 16 KB 25/02/2016 15:34
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.Subject: FW: An Amazon.co.uk Gift Card you sent has been received
Sent: 25/02/2016 15:34The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:***@******.*** on 25/02/2016 15:34
This message could not be sent. Try sending the message again later, or contact your network administrator. The client operation failed. Error is [0x80004005-0x000b22-0x000501].
Does that happens with multiple addresses? IE more than one person? Also, i'd like a full email header.
again, that code hints at intermittent internet, though your wifes is fine, your PC may not be. It would be wise to run a ping -t to google and see if you are dropping packets
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, and it does not matter what size from a few KB to several MB
Header of original sent message and not sent message as screenshot attached
Neither of those are the actual email header. But, its suggesting some type of network time out. Can you forward me one of the emails that came back to***@******.*** And start running a continuous ping to google if you will.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Header Tell me what & how, (I just got a mail through, by the way)
Ping google ping yes google ???
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
C:\>ping https://www.google.co.uk/#q=google
Ping request could not find host https://www.google.co.uk/#q=google. Please check the name and try again.
If you open and email in out look, there should be an option inside the email to view header. To ping google go to windows key, type cmd then in the black window type "ping www.google.com -t"
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
C:\>ping www.google.com -tPinging www.google.com [173.194.112.84] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 173.194.112.84: bytes=32 time=44ms TTL=51
Reply from 173.194.112.84: bytes=32 time=46ms TTL=51
Reply from 173.194.112.84: bytes=32 time=43ms TTL=51
Yeha, id leave that running and see if when you get a bounce back email if there is a missing ping. Make sense?
Like i said, the error code suggests a network issue of some sort.
I agree the network thing doesnt make sense, but thats what the error code says. If i had the email header, I might be able to see more. If you want to forward me a bounced email, i can look at the header.***@******.***
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still don't understand headers:- see attached
forwarding msg to***@******.***
Yeah, ok thats where headers should be.....though office sometimes screws them up. I'll look at the message you sent me.
Thanks, ***** ***** the heck of it, i pulled the full header out and resent it to you if you want to see what one looks like
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
<Thanks, how ?
why are you referring to that date and time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks again. Tell you anything ?
My Outlook set for 30 sec server timeout by the wayWhat date and time ????
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ping fairly steady at 42 or 43 msec, one in a hundred or so up to 120 msec
nm, i saw a date and time come up posted from you here. No the header did not show much. Its suggested to use 5+ min time out interval.
Thats fine pings, we are looking for a missing ping.......if you happend to have a ping time out for abit, and that was trying to send a message then, you would get that error. THats why most people suggest 5-10 min interval, so a small network timeout wont cause it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Attach ping text
Will try 300 sec
so 2% packet loss, not alot, but could plausibly cause this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Getting a few
B
so your dropping a fair amount of packets man. Thats probably the problem, and why it IDed as a network problem. pushing that time out up should fix it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
But nowhere near 30 second drop out, but I will run this continuously for a day or so
Ping frequency about 1 / sec, yes ?
So I should be looking for 30 consecutive drop outs or more ?
Yeah, if you can find them......what you want to look at more is when you Control C out of that ping, what the total packet loss is. Make sense? Its just keeping an eye on the network. And you up the timeout from 30 seconds to something higher right?
This make sense?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Already did
I'll find them if they're there, by eye (this is where unix was much better)
It sounds a plausible hypothesis, and grounds for complaint to my isp.
But is Google a reliable responder ?
I'll let you know in 2 days, with plaudits
Well, google is the gold standard for ping testing....just kind of industry standard bc they are up, fast and don't block icmp.
If you would Arthur, can you please take the time to rate my service in the upper right hand corner, as i do this for a living. With any positive to feedback, i provide free support on the same question. Also, I don't think you are going to need to contact ISP, i think setting that out look time out to 5 minutes+ will be the fix.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
As I said, flowers in two days, if no recurrence.
But meantime many thanks for your effortsCheersArthur
np
Dont for get to move that outlook time out up from 30 seconds to 5 minutes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I take it I can get back in here in two days ?
Yeah, just book mark the page, or email your self the URL which is http://professional.justanswer.com/chat/index/59e4c3a6063641fdb6cb7a487150a71c
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will do, thanks againBye
cya man!
np
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorreee. I just sent you this E-_Mail with 600 sec timeout. See attachments
Sounds like this is one of those myths ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
And again at 20:44 CET
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
more of the same.
No need to wait two days !
I see you only got 1 of 4 mails I sent you before, also
I don't think you will find the explanation in ping1.txt, either
A
Yeah that ping looks fine. What was the timeout you set outlook to?
and those last ones just failed being sent to me?
Please try testing by sending brand new emails to me or who ever and not forwarding the one from amazon.
Also, for good measure, lets reboot the PC, I know it sounds silly. And try sending out an email to me every once in a while, a brand new email.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK will doWill reset PC later. We can continue tomorrow ?
I will then send more NEW E_Mails'A
Sure.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
GUESS WHAT I JUST FOUND IN - OF COURSE - MY JUNK FOLDER !AND FIVE DAYS LATECAN MICROSOFT EXPLAIN WHY THEY FILTER OUT THEIR OWN E_MAILS ?"Hello Arthur Abell,To continue sending messages, please sign in and validate your Outlook.com account.This helps us stop automated programs from sending junk email.Thanks for your help and patience!The Outlook.com TeamTHANK YOU Microsoft !!!
Odd, you may have flagged it as spam once and thats why