Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years

I recently purchased a new Laptop with windows 10 and

Customer Question

I recently purchased a new Laptop with windows 10 and signed up for a new msn account, it keeps asking me to verify my account however when i go to access my email it just keeps comeing up to verify my email but wont let me go any further. Havin tried and failed hundreds of times to access this i decided to try and log into an existing microsoft accou. I couldnt remember my password ***** i went through the process wit a secondary email i had on the account and it told me i had successfully changed my password.. now it wont let me log into theat account and keeps telling me im entering the wrong password ***** though i have been extremely careful in changin my password ***** times. I cant get any help from microsoft without already being logged onto my account. This is extremly annoying as i have spent a lot of money on the laptop and can now only use it for the internet as a glorified tablet. Can you help me please as i am a very very annoyed.
Shaun Smith ***@******.***
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Hi Shaun, Usually, the issue is that your account is marked as being hacked into and even though you get a reset message, the account is still blocked. It one of those annoying quirks from MSN. What you can do is post a message on their private forum so you can speak with a real person from MSN to help you. First you are going to need to create another email address with Hotmail. Please go to the following link to create that. to the following link and click Participate and then click Ask a question on the menu at the top. A box will appear. In that box type what has happened. Remember to be very polite and give as much information as you can.Here is the link to the forums: If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
But when I was setting up a new account when I first set up my laptop it keeps telling me to verify my email but when I go to log in it says I have to verify my email and won't let me go any further
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
I completely understand -- Please follow my steps above.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry now I realise I'm probably getting annoying but it's very frustrating I set up the new e- mail then went to the link and followed your steps and it brought to the page sayin verify your email again.
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Did you verify your new email?