Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

My son has a surface RT HE TRIES TO LINK HIS MIRCOSOFT

Hello my son has a surface RT HE TRIES TO LINK HIS MIRCOSOFT PHONE to the surface and has somehow ended up having a loop message run over and over again and no boot up - can you help
Hi there and welcomeCan you tell me the exact message he is giving ?Please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Diagnosing your pc
Then
Preparing automatic repair
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Runs on loop
ThanksCan you remove the power cable from the Surface.Then hold the power button in for 2 minutes then release.Then connect the power cable and power it on and tell me if your still getting the message please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Same loop
ok, connect a keyboard to the USB port on the surface.Then power off the Surface, hold the LEFT SHIFT key down and with it held down, power on the Surface and keep tapping F8 until you get to a menu.Tell me if you can get to this (try a few times as it can be tricky)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've tried tried this but no f8
Thanks It is the motherboard that has faulted. This is why it gets stuck in the loop and cannot complete the repair process. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the surface to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Your welcomeIf you need anything else Janet, please let me know, and please remember the service rating via one of the stars at the top if the screen then submit.Thank youRichard
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry I was called away the surfaces 3 yrs old so won't be under warranty
That's ok, the motherboard is the most expensive component, if you can get one second hand it will be worth it, but a new motherboard for this would in the long run exceed the cost of a replacement Surface, so I would first get a pricing on the cost before going forward with it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you think this is something my foster son has messed about and done ?
No, not at all, its a hardware fault, unless he dropped it, or took it apart and damaged it, he could not have caused this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He is always messing with things and this was working fine until he did something
This is not a software issue Janet, he would have to of damaged the hardware on it.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks again