Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proficient in all programs within office pro suite.

My pc is stuck in a loop.It starts from windows start normally.This

My pc is stuck in a loop.It starts from windows start normally.This from an error shutdon.I have tried using safe mode but it reverts to errorscreen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Hello and thank you for choosing hard to determine EXACTLY what the issue is just by your description..But with a few in depth descriptive question/answer from you, i think we can get to the bottom of it.However, this sounds like a hardware issue....and most likely.... a hard drive failure..But we would have to start with a series of questions..What were you doing when this FIRST happened? Or did you just turn the computer on one day (boot it up) and it gave you this error message.And....EXACTLY....what does the Error Message say?Is it a BLUE screen that you are getting?.Also can you tell me the MAKE and MODEL of the computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hp pavilion slimline
Okay....Hp Slimline.That helps...but we need to narrow it down a bit further..I want to to have a look at this website....that shows you how to lOCATE the MODEL and SERIAL number for that HP slimline..Tehn, and ONLY then will i be able to suggest further instructions.Heres the website:
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately the label has worn off the pc.
Well, then you will have to use the AUTO detect application, to have it detect your exact model.There is JUST TOO MANY different slimlines for me to be able to help without KNOWING EXACTLY what it is.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have found model no, on screen product gv454aa-abu
But, because your computer will not boot up cant use the auto detect application.....because your computer has to function....atleast be abel to boot into download from the internet.
Hey that worked!gv454aa-abuThat was it!
This is your model description:HP Pavilion Slimline Desktop PC
YOu have Windows 7?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
windows vista that i know what machine you have.....we can begin the process of diagnosing the issue..So...when you power on the mentioned Windows STARTS? Or does it NOT start? Or do you see the screen SHOWING that Windows is loading up, but you have NOT quite gotten to the LOGIN screen, or the desktop (where the Start button lives)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It goes straight into error recovery page.
Do you see any options to choose from?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried all options from safe mode down to automatic start.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are we still in contact.
Sorry for the delay.....i am back at my machine..okay, because there are quite a few different start up options.....and virus's and malware that can masquerade as boot issues, giving false boot up parameters to keep you in an endless boot cycle.Is there anyway you can take a picture of the screens you get, with a cell phone and you can email them to me, or you can upload them here using the PAPERCLIP icon, so i can see exactly what this looks like..Now becasue the machine wont this point you are going to HAVE TO HAVE a seperate bootable media.As an example....a CD or DVD with a windows repair application, which comes on every Windows INstall disc. Just pop in the a reboot....boot from the disc drive..This will only restore your machine if your hard drive is still working.....but if your hard drive is failing....and wont boot up anymore....then no amount of ANYTHING will have to REPLACE the hard drive.....simple.Then once you have the NEW hard drive in place.....use that disc again, to install windows..All that making sense?