Sudipto
Sudipto, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Computer Hardware EngineerCertificate Course In Computer Maintenance,8+ years of Experience in computer troubleshooting
15197395

I purchased microsoft office from my work pc, I'm now trying

Hi I purchased microsoft office from my work pc, I'm now trying to access microsoft office from my home mac, but it won't let me log on?

Thanks for posting your question on Justanswer.com, a global paid independent support site.My Name is***** far as I can understand your problem, you have purchased the office program from Windows PC and now you want to use it from your MAC computer, am I correct ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that right, apparently you can use office on up to 5 devices. I managed to download onto my i phone. but can't on my mac

Can you tell me the version of MS Office, which you have purchased ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
good question! i honestly can't remember. I bought it at the begining of April and haven't been able to use it at home since. However it works fine at the office. Im on a pay monthly of £7.99, Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The reason I need Office on my MAC is so that i can work from home and then save to One drive where i can access the files at work. But none of this has worked.

Are you able to use office from your iPhone ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ive just checked and its office 365 Home
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
last week i entered my cash up sheets on my phone using the one drive, but when i got to work nothing had saved!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I feel like I'm going round in circles and technology hates me, please help

Thanks, ***** ***** try to access your Microsoft Account , what is the exact error message you are getting ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I try to log in with my email***@******.***, which is where i receive all the microsoft correspondence the message that comes up says:hotmail.com isn't in out systemmake sure you typed your email address correctly. It usually looks like***@******.*** or***@******.***
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am i supposed to have a different log on?

Yes, you have to create one, if you have downloaded the office program from One Drive to your iPhone then, I think you can use that same steps on your Mac to download the program and let me know what happens ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know how to do that, can you talk me through it?

But, you said that you have downloaded the office program on your iPhone, how did you do that ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I downloaded the app from the app store, but when i try and do that it tries to charge me again

OK, are you able to download the office program on your Windows PC?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its all set up on my pc and paid for,I'm trying to use the same account and down load on to my home computer

Ok, so you have used the same email address and password ***** download the program on your Windows PC, but that email address is not working at present from MAC, if this is your exact problem then, try the link below from the MAC and let me know if you are able to login or not ?

https://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=wsignin1.0&rpsnv=12&ct=1465413087&rver=6.7.6643.0&wp=MBI_SSL&wreply=https

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is what i need,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its just updating i will let you know how i get on

Ok, that's great!!, please let me know if you need any further help otherwise please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My Mac is down loading el capitan, how long will that take?

Sorry, don't have any idea. It complete depends on the Internet speed. Are you able to login to your MS account ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had to upgrade before i could install microsoft office, so I'm just waiting. It says downloading but no information on how long it will take. For all i know it could have stopped!

Sorry, I am not too much familiar with MAC, I can help you with office program but not with MAC. Anyway, let me know what happens when the upgrade completes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK so you wouldn't know if there is there anyway i check the progress?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok i need to restart, I'm going to loose the link you sent me, can you send it to my email address***@******.***

No, I do not know, how to check the progress, you can get some idea about the upgrade from the link below.

http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/how-download-install-osx-el-capitan-out-now-new-mac-software-prepare-3521995/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yep its going to take hours!! before its installed!!

Then, I think we have to wait, do not disturb the update process, as that can cause a bigger problem. Let me know about the office download.

How are you, please let me know what happened after the upgrade of your MAC ?

Hi, you did not replied me back ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, after many updates, we finally got there thank you so much!

That's great !! Please let me know if you need any further help otherwise please remember to give a positive rating at the top of this page as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much after many downloads we are there!! Kind regards

Please remember to give rating at the top of this page.