Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I got a swann cctv system and i like to get alarms though my

Hi i got a swann cctv system and i like to get alarms though my email but i set it up on the system its saying email settings i click on it then it comes up with Smtp server and Smtp port and to use my email it says failed can you please help me thank you

Hi Richard, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Do you access your CCTV system settings on your computer? Or on the tv/monitor connected to the CCTV system?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i do have it on tv monta and open in front of me

Thank you for that information. Can you please tell me the email account that you want to ADD there in your CCTV so that I can assist you with the correct settings?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that information.

In most CCTV systems, the emailing system that it offers is just like an email program built-in to the CCTV system that will send notification to you using your existing email account.

So you need to add your existing email there, which is a Hotmail, and then for the STMP server information, please enter the following:

SMTP Server: smtp-mail.outlook.com

Port: 587

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

I noticed that you requested for a Secure Remote Assistance. I have already sent you the needed information, please give them a try and they should work.

I also asked if you are able to access the CCTV system through your computer but you mentioned you access it through the attached TV so remote access will not work, I can only access a computer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok now would i get emails from my cctv system

Yes, you shall get notification emails from the CCTV system!

Please enter the needed information there and it should work as expected.

I hope that helped.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would i get emails from my system now then ?

Yes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help today do i get my 29 pounds back or not ?

Hi, I just answered your question. Please give my answer a try and please rate my service positively (3 to 5 stars/faces) if it helped.

Regarding your request for Secure Remote Assistance, you will not be charged for it.