JamesI
JamesI, Other
Experience:  James has experience providing 3rd lines support for a range of office apps, from 2000 to 2013, including project and visio.
75967336

With my PC connected to a sky router and using Windows Live

With my PC connected to a sky router and using Windows Live Mail the screen states "The Server has Refused the Connection".
I am not receiving E-mail messages and any message I send does not show in the Sent Folder.
Help required please.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My PC knowledge is limited !!!, I'm no expert !!!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi Jim,

Sorry to hear your having issues.

Are you connected to the router via cable or wireless? Can you also advise if your able to access other internet content such as web pages etc?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Connected by cable, and yes I can view the internet.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do you have a mobile number I could call you on.

Hi Jim,

Please get the remote session started and if need be can give you a call during that.

Firstly please advise what version of windows your using.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Windows Live Mail 2011

To start the remote session please go to the link here.

Click the large green button in the centre of the page, and then run the program which is downloaded called Elsinore, which should be shown in the bottom left of your browser.

If promoted accept the message to run and install the program.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi James, I'm not sure what is meant by the "browser" and this is from my phone not my PC.

Hi you suggested your PC was connected to the router, so thought you were having issues with your PC running Live Mail.

If the issue is with the phone not being able to access e-mail, can you go to the web browser on the phone (used for viewing webpages such as Just Answer) and confirm you can still go to www.google.co.uk and www.bbc.co.uk?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The problem is with my PC only not getting e-mail messages

Ok so we need to go to Just Answer on your PC so you can open the link provided, in order to start the remote session on your PC

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm afraid l am getting more confused. I need simple instructions of how to proceed. Really I need you to connect to my PC

Ok, from your PC open a web browser and go to google.com to make sure the PC can access the internet.

Next you need to type in the following address in the address bar https://goo.gl/Am6AQU - note this is case sensitive.

Let me know once the page loads which will say Just Answer.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have Just Answer open on my PC internet
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I think I have achived that now

Great, click the green button which says "I Agree"

Then after about 30 seconds a program should appear in the bottom left of your browser you want to click on that and chose the option to Keep/Run it.

Let me know once you have located the program.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I cannot see "I Agree"

Please go to the address bar and retype https://goo.gl/Am6AQU
The page should have a heading saying "Join Your Secure Remote Assistance Session", scroll down and there should be a green I Agree button you need to click.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do I now press Run

Yes, once you see the program showing on the browser, click run, then accept the message asking you to confirm you wish to install it.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do I press Download
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
pressed Wished to Install. What next
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
James please phone me so we can go forward with this Remote Session. I need your verbal assistance
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If you do not contact me in the next 5 min I will have to finish for today.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I will contact you again tomorrow, by E-Mail from my phone. Let's hope we can get the E-Mail on my PC working. If your assistance is not clear to me tomorrow and we do not solve the problem I'm afraid l will have to cancel the whole request.
Let's hope all goes OK tomorrow.
Regards, Jim...

Hi Jim,

Without knowing what your looking it I am working blind I am afraid.

When you clicked RUN did you get another window which came up if not what where are you seeing the option to "download".

Let me know suitable time to contact you tomorrow.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I will contact you in the morning. We have a major problem with a blocked drain so hopefully United Utilities will be coming some time in the morning. When things get sorted out I will contact you.
Jim...

I will be unavailable at 1500, please let me know if you need anything before then, otherwise can follow up with you this evening around 8pm.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi James, if you can make the Remote Connection simple for me to understand then I'll go ahead with it. If not I will cancel this part of the order.

Ok first of all are you on your PC and messaging me from the PC?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This message is from my mobile phone (e-mail).
How do I connect to you on my PC. I have justanswer open on AVG internet connection at present

Ok from the PC open up a web browser such as internet explorer or chrome then type in the web address https://goo.gl/Am6AQU

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Typed that in and pressed Search, it states go to the address bar and retype it. Where is the address bar situated
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Just typed it in across the top of the page and the "Join Your Secure Remote Assistance Session has opened
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do I press "I Agree"

Please press I Agree.