JamesI
JamesI, Other
Experience:  James has experience providing 3rd lines support for a range of office apps, from 2000 to 2013, including project and visio.
75967336

Sunday 14 January 2018 I am unable to add favourites in

Sunday 14 January 2018Dear Sir or Madam,I am unable to add favourites in Internet Explorer.Please advise.Yours faithfullyStephen Stones

Hi Stephen, what error do you get when you try and add a favourite, and what method are you using to add the favourite.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Monday 15 January 2018Dear *****Thank you for your message.the error is that the computer is faulty, and will not add favourites in Internet explorer. I add favourites by clicking ADD FAVOURITES.#Yours sincerelyStephen Stones

Do you get any error message when clicking Add Favourites or does nothing happen when you click the button?

What version of IE are you using, and do you have any other browsers installed (eg Chrome)?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Monday 15 JanuaryDear *****,Thank you for your message,There is no error message when I click Add favourites in Internet Explorer 11. I have the Chrome browser.Yours sincerelyStephen Stones

Ok, the next step is to clear the IE settings see if the fault clears and if it doesnt repair IE.

1. Within IE go to Tools > Internet Options
  2. Go to the Advanced Tab on the dialog windows
  3. Click on the Reset Button at the bottom of the window.
  4. Click OK.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Monday 15 JanuaryDear *****,Thank you for your message.I tried resetting in internet options advanced settings a number of times. Adding favourites works now. It had not worked before today since 4 December 2017.Thank you very much for your help.Your sincerelyStephen Stones

Hi Stephen, glad your favourites are now being stored once again, do let me know should the fault reoccur, but hopeful that should be the end of the issue.

Please rate the service received to date so I may mark your question as resolved.

James